New Year’s Eve Party Ideas to Kick Your Celebrations Up a Notch
New Year’s Eve is just around the corner — and this year, you’re hosting.
It seemed like a great idea a few weeks ago—now it feels like a mistake. But the invites are out, the RSVPs are in, and there’s no going back…
Since New Year’s Eve is basically synonymous with champagne, Postmates is making sure you can pop the bubbly in style. We’ve partnered up with Perrier-Jouet to offer free delivery on orders from the Postmates Drinks Collection all day on Dec. 31. Food? Check. Drinks? Check. What’s left? Well, we can deliver anything from party hats to party dresses, so browse the app for the things you need and postmate an entire celebration in minutes.
Get inspired with a few ideas below for how to kick your New Year’s Eve celebrations up a notch, using nothing but Postmates.
- Pick Out a Red Carpet-Ready New Year’s Eve Outfit: Part of the fun of hosting is that as you greet your guests, not only will they immediately hand you their host or hostess gift, they’ll also tell you how amazing you look. So look amazing. Seriously though, postmating an outfit from your favorite shop could not be easier — just create a custom order from your retail store of choice and let us know the style, size, and any other important details about the outfit. We’ll pick it up and deliver it way faster than two-day shipping could ever get it to you.
- Opt For a Silver and Gold Color Scheme For New Year’s Decorations: Throw in some black if you want, but choosing a sophisticated color palette is the magic charm for making any party feel extra fancy. Postmate balloons, streamers, party hats, paper plates, napkins, and more from supply stores like Party City and Target, and we’ll transport the glitz and glam to you. All you have to do is set it up.
- Put Out a Pinterest-Worthy Spread For New Year’s Eve Dinner: Apps from one place, entrees from another, and dessert from a third. Why not? When you’ve got Postmates doing the dirty work, all that’s left for you to do is plate the food and put it out. Plus, it’s easy to take even the simplest of orders and add a special garnish that makes it seem extra-special. Here’s the proof: Postmate a few orders of French fries, pour them into a serving dish, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top. You just went from cheap to chic in seconds.
- Impress Your Guests With a Champagne Tower: You know you’ve always wanted to make one. Now’s your time to shine. Since we’re waiving the delivery fee on all Drinks, you can have the champagne delivered right to your door in minutes. From there, just stack the champagne coupes and give it a pour.
- Capture the Moment With a DIY Photo Booth: Everybody loves these — it’s just a fact. And you can easily make one yourself. Designate a wall in your home to be the backdrop, and clear away the clutter. You can hang fancy paper (wrapping paper works like a charm) or a banner to set the stage. Postmate funny hats, glasses, costume jewelry, feather boas, and more from your local party store, put them into a bin and set up the area. Last, but not least, create a “Photo Booth” or “Selfie Station” sign telling your guests how it works — maybe you create your own New Year’s Eve hashtag for people to use. Maybe you set out some Fujifilm Instax cameras so guests can take photos home with them. Whatever you decide, this is a guaranteed hit.
- Postgame With Pizza: After the ball drops, some will stay, some will go. For those that stick around, you’ll look like a pro if you have pizza ready. Plan ahead by postmating a frozen pie from your local supermarket, or postmate one in real time from your favorite pizza place. Your guests are bound to ask if your New Year’s party is going to become an annual thing. Well done.