Having problems with your code? Post your question on Stack Overflow and we'll make sure to answer it.
If you have questions about the API, please check out the Partner Help Center and select "Developer Inquiry".
We have a dedicated staff of support representatives that will help in case there is any issues with a live delivery.
Customer Not Available
When the Postmate reaches the dropoff address, and no one is available, they reach out to our support team to try and contact the customer. If customer is still not available after 10 minutes, we create a return job. If you want the package left at the door, please let us know and we'll update instructions for our internal team. In the future, this will be a setting you control in your dashboard.
The only timeframe you are able to cancel a delivery is between the time you sent the delivery request until the time the Postmate has arrived at the pickup location.
If you have any questions with a live delivery, please contact us directly. There is a support email on the delivery detail page in your dashboard.
- 2014-12-10 - Initial Release
- 2014-12-22 - Addition of /return to have a delivery returned to where it came from
- 2015-01-26 - Adding customer delivery confirmation image to delivery object
- 2015-01-26 - Exposing pickup_complete state on delivery object
- 2015-02-02 - Include developer provided manifest reference for delivery object
- 2015-02-09 - Introduction of "returned" delivery status
- 2015-02-09 - Exposing relationship between original and returned deliveries
- 2015-02-09 - Providing detailed address information on delivery object
- 2015-03-12 - Webhooks to allow you to receive real-time updates to your ongoing deliveries
- 2015-03-12 - Using test API key you can specify when various Robo delivery events occur
- 2015-04-26 - Adjusted delivery_deadline webhook to send only changes to deadline.
- 2015-05-06 - Percolating courier contact information in delivery object
- 2015-05-19 - At drop off, last name is now recorded and included in delivery object
- 2015-10-19 - Added client libraries for Python, Ruby, Go, Node, PHP, iOS, and Android
- 2015-12-09 - Added section for shopping cart plugins.
- 2015-12-22 - New endpoint for delivery zones. Condensed and re-organized Docs. Added link to Postman tutorial.
- 2016-01-20 - New endpoint for tipping. Added section for Approval Guidelines.
- 2016-11-28 - Deprecated the "Return a Delivery" endpoint.